Rajagiriya flyover declared open by President and PM
The Rajagiriya flyover which is being constructed providing long term solutions for the heavy traffic congestion in the Rajagiriya was declared open by President Maithripala Sirisena and Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe a short while ago.
The construction of the flyover was completed a year ahead of the scheduled date upon the instructions of the President, it is reported.
The Rajagiriya Flyover which is in its final phase is being constructed at a cost of Rs. 4,700 million.
The four-lane-flyover constructed under a Spanish Flyover Project and a local company is 533 meters in length and consists of a 180 meter access road.
In parallel to this project, several roads around the Rajagiriya area will be developed and an alternative road towards Narahenpita will be developed as well as the road towards Buthgamuwa will be developed with a total of three lanes.
The flyover built using high standard modern technology as well as in accordance with high quality engineering, and this will be added to Sri Lankan roadways history as the first flyover constructed filling concrete surfaces on metal.
(Ada Derana / Pix by President’s Media)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Department of Examinations announced dates of Scholarship Exam, O/L, A/L March 1, 2024
- Central Bank officials summoned to party leaders’ meeting over salary hike March 1, 2024
- Sri Lanka halts free visas for long-staying Russian, Ukrainian nationals March 1, 2024
- UNFPA to assist Sri Lanka in modernizing statistical system for transition to digital economy March 1, 2024
- Sri Lanka to introduce National Cyber Security Act, establish Cyber Security Authority March 1, 2024