Rajagiriya flyover declared open by President and PM
The Rajagiriya flyover which is being constructed providing long term solutions for the heavy traffic congestion in the Rajagiriya was declared open by President Maithripala Sirisena and Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe a short while ago.
The construction of the flyover was completed a year ahead of the scheduled date upon the instructions of the President, it is reported.
The Rajagiriya Flyover which is in its final phase is being constructed at a cost of Rs. 4,700 million.
The four-lane-flyover constructed under a Spanish Flyover Project and a local company is 533 meters in length and consists of a 180 meter access road.
In parallel to this project, several roads around the Rajagiriya area will be developed and an alternative road towards Narahenpita will be developed as well as the road towards Buthgamuwa will be developed with a total of three lanes.
The flyover built using high standard modern technology as well as in accordance with high quality engineering, and this will be added to Sri Lankan roadways history as the first flyover constructed filling concrete surfaces on metal.
(Ada Derana / Pix by President’s Media)
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023