Rajini Selvanayagam passes away
Sri Lankan traditional dancer Kalasuri, Vishwakala Keerthi Rajini Selvanayagam passed away on Friday (October 20).
She was a highly esteemed and dedicated professional dance teacher, devoting her entire life to promoting and preserving the distinctive forms of Sri Lankan dance art.
In 1975, Selvanayagam founded her dance academy “Chamara Kala Nikethanaya” which was aimed at building a value-based society promoting culture, tradition and customs through the art of dancing.
Details about the final rites of Rajini Selvanayagam will be announced later.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka to receive about $600 million ADB funding post-IMF approval – official December 6, 2023