Ranjan cries foul over election results
Elected lawmaker Ranjan Ramanayake has claimed foul over the results of last Wednesday’s parliamentary poll.
Ramanayake, who was elected from the Gampaha District, described the poll as a reality show, in which the results go in favour of the “sponsors”.
“There are many sponsors in this reality show called the election. They are the US, India, Japan, China,” Ramanayake claimed.
He said that the candidates in his electoral district had received the result before it was authorized by the district secretary.
The Samagi Jana Balawegaya candidate claimed that individuals like him were allowed to win to make the contest “seemingly real”.
“They bring us also to the fore to portray that things are going well,” Ramanayake remarked.
(Source: News 1st)
- Sri Lanka signs agreement with RM Parks Inc to ensure uninterrupted fuel supply June 8, 2023
- Police secures court order to block NPP protest planned for today June 8, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka to face rape trial in Australia June 8, 2023
- Digital Promotion Agency to be established for introducing new App to collect data of public sector – President June 8, 2023
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023
I fear that phone on your desk, Ranjan.
Sure it is recording all the rubbish phone calls that you make.
It can be that the UNP may have won the election
Of course, Engr Perera,
The votes that were counted on the day following the elections came from boxes that were stored long before election day in different locations !
Are you taking your age-medication for senility regularly? it is not safe to skip doses as that can give rise to illusions, including hallucinations!
Angoda Lokka is dead, but Angoda Pissa has been elected to parliament I see!