Ranjan produced before Government Analyst for voice test
MP Ranjan Ramanayake, who is in remand custody was brought by the Prison officials to the Government Analyst Department for a voice test.
He was brought to the Government Analyst’s Department in Pelawatte, Battaramulla at around 10.30 am this morning (07).
This is with regard to the audio tapes of the series of controversial phone conversations that the parliamentarian has had with several high-profile government officers including judges, politicians and influential figures in the country, which came to light following his arrest in early January this year.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023