Ranjan Ramanayake loses Parliamentary seat
The Speaker of Parliament Mahinda Yapa Abeywardena today informed the House that Ranjan Ramanayake’s Parliament seat has become vacant.
“After consideration of legal opinion and provisions of the Constitution, the Secretary General of Parliament in terms of the Parliamentary Elections Act has informed Chairman of the Elections Commission about the vacancy which occurred in the membership of the ninth Parliament due to the fact that Ranjan Ramanayake ceased to be a member of Parliament in terms of the constitution,” he said.
On April 05, the Court of Appeal rejected the writ application filed by the incarcerated Ramanayake seeking an interim order preventing the suspension of his seat in Parliament.
- Sri Lanka signs agreement with RM Parks Inc to ensure uninterrupted fuel supply June 8, 2023
- Police secures court order to block NPP protest planned for today June 8, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka to face rape trial in Australia June 8, 2023
- Digital Promotion Agency to be established for introducing new App to collect data of public sector – President June 8, 2023
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023
No worries my dear pal,
You will always live in our hearts as the las remaining anti-corruption crusader.
Aney Ranjan Aiya,
Don’t worry, we will wait 4 years for you.
You are so handsome; all my GF’s are after you.
Big demand for you, Ranjan Aiya; please look after yourself and keep fit and try to grow some hair.