Rathana Thera resigns as DDDC Chairman
Posted in Local News
Ven. Athuraliye RathanaThera today resigned from the post of Divulapitiya Divisional Development Committee (DDDC) Chairman and returned the vehicle that was provided to him by the Economic Development Ministry to carry out the work of the Committee.
The Thera in a letter to Minister Basil Rajapaksa said he was relinquishing his post as Chairman and suggested that someone else be appointed to it.
“I resigned because we have not received any positive response from the Government to the proposals submitted by the ‘Pivithuru Hetak Udesa Jathika Sabawa’on constitutional amendments,” the Thera said.
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023