Restaurant owner shot dead by armed gang in Ahangama
Posted in Local News
A 32-year-old restaurant owner who was critically injured in a shooting incident yesterday (March 29) in Midigama area in Ahangama, has died while receiving treatment in Matara Hospital.
The victim was sitting on a motorcycle in front of his restaurant when the unidentified armed gang arrived in a van and opened fire at him, using a T-56 assault rifle, according to police.
He was rushed to the Matara Hospital following the shooting, however he succumbed while receiving treatment.
The suspects involved in the shooting are yet to be identified while the van used in the crime was later found abandoned in the Ahangama area, police said.
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023