Revised Alert Level 3 health guidelines issued
The Ministry of Health has issued revised health guidelines under Alert Level 3, following the rapid increase in coronavirus cases in recent days.
The new guidelines will be in effect from today (May 01) until further notice, the National Operation Centre for Prevention of COVID-19 Outbreak (NOCPCO) said.
Health authorities have introduced an ‘Alert Level’ system based on an understanding of public and work settings in Sri Lanka.
- Alert Level 1 – Cases reported are only those coming from outside the country (detected in quarantine); no clusters
- Alert Level 2 – One cluster of cases
- Alert Level 3 – Several clusters in different districts
- Alert Level 4 – Cases are appearing with no connection to any cluster (community transmission)
As identified by the Ministry of Health, Sri Lanka is currently at Alert Level 3.
The new guidelines are as follows:
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lankan youths get jobs in Japan under the Special Skilled Worker (SSW) visa category December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka Secures Rs. 20 Billion from Asian Development Bank for Rural Road Renovations December 1, 2023
- Results of 2022 (2023) G.C.E. O/L exam released December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka revises fuel prices from November 30, 2023 November 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka inflation rises for second month on high energy costs November 30, 2023