Revised Alert Level 3 health guidelines issued
Posted in Local News
The Ministry of Health has issued revised health guidelines under Alert Level 3, following the rapid increase in coronavirus cases in recent days.
The new guidelines will be in effect from today (May 01) until further notice, the National Operation Centre for Prevention of COVID-19 Outbreak (NOCPCO) said.
Health authorities have introduced an ‘Alert Level’ system based on an understanding of public and work settings in Sri Lanka.
- Alert Level 1 – Cases reported are only those coming from outside the country (detected in quarantine); no clusters
- Alert Level 2 – One cluster of cases
- Alert Level 3 – Several clusters in different districts
- Alert Level 4 – Cases are appearing with no connection to any cluster (community transmission)
As identified by the Ministry of Health, Sri Lanka is currently at Alert Level 3.
The new guidelines are as follows:
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023