Rishad released on bail
Mannar Magistrate granted bail on the Minister of Industry and Commerce, Rishad Bathiudeen who was summoned in connection with alleged threat on a judge, damaging the court premises and provoking the public.
Bathiudeen was released on Rs. 10,000 cash bail and surety bail with two sureties each Rs. 500,000.
On August 13, the Minister was issued summons to appear before court in connection with a threat to Mannar Magistrate to change an arrest order while a mob had stoned the court complex in July 18. Thirteen persons have been arrested for waging an assault on the Mannar Court complex.
On the same issue the Appeal Court had also summoned Minister Bathiudeen to personally appear before court on September 5.
Courtesy: DM Online
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023