Rohitha Abeygunawardena released from Bribery Commission case
Posted in Local News
Colombo High Court today (March 19) released Minister Rohitha Abeygunawardena from all charges in the case filed against him by the Bribery Commission.
The verdict was issued by Colombo High Court Judge Adithya Patabendige this morning.
The Bribery Commission today informed Court that it does not intend on pursuing the case further.
Accordingly, Minister Abegunawardhana was acquitted of the charges.
Minister Abeygunawardena had been accused of unlawful acquisition of assets to the tune of Rs. 41.1 million while serving as a minister from 2004 to 2006.
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
No worries, he has always been and will continue to be one of the few unblemished leaders of our Nation driving us towards the Fearless Leader’s vision of “Prosperity and Splendor”.