Roshan Ranasinghe to resign as State Minister
State Minister Roshan Ranasinghe says he would step down from his positions with effect from the 01st of May.
Accordingly he will resign as State Minister of Provincial Councils & Local Government and SLPP District Organiser position.
In a letter to the President, he has resigned from his post urging the Government to grant farmers the deserved compensation for losses incurred due to the use of organic fertilizer in the past Maha season.
He has called for several other steps, such as educating State officials with regard to organic fertilizer, regulation of the quality of organic fertilizer and regulation of the price of fertilizer.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka reports 80,222 dengue cases with 47 deaths December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka Parliament decides to debate VAT (amendment) Bill today December 11, 2023
- ‘Unfair, Really Surprised’: Anjum Chopra on Chamari Athapaththu going unsold at WPL Auction December 11, 2023
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023
- Countrywide power outage in Sri Lanka due to a system failure December 9, 2023