Sachithra Senanayake further remanded
Former Sri Lankan cricketer Sachithra Senanayake who was arrested over allegations of match fixing in the Lanka Premier League (LPL) in 2020, has been further remanded until September 25.
The relevant order was issued by Colombo Chief Magistrate Prasanna Alwis, when Sachithra Senanayake was presented before the court by the Special Investigation Unit (SIU) of the Sports Ministry this morning (September 15).
The Attorney General raised objections to release the suspect on bail.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023
- IMF chief Kristalina and Sri Lanka President Ranil discuss ongoing reforms and debt restructuring efforts September 21, 2023
- Two killed, two injured in shooting at Avissawella September 21, 2023
- Batticaloa Campus returned to Hizbullah September 20, 2023
- Dasun Shanaka to remain Captain for ICC World Cup 2023 September 20, 2023