Sachithra Senanayake granted bail
Former Sri Lanka cricketer Sachithra Senanayake who was remanded over the allegations of match-fixing, was granted bail today (September 25) by the Colombo Chief Magistrate’s Court.
However, the overseas travel ban imposed on him will continue to remain in effect, on the orders of the Colombo Magistrate’s Court.
The former spin bowler Sachithra Senanayake was arrested on September 6 on allegations of match-fixing under a Sri Lankan law aimed at stamping out corruption in cricket in the country.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka issues its first digitized national birth certificate December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Defence Ministry refutes reports of ‘lavish spending’ for entertaining military heads December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka moving towards social revolution – Anura December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs US $ 1.4 trillion additional investment to realise SDGs by 2030: IPS study December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Sports Minister appoints new National Sports Council December 4, 2023