Sajith hopes Government will present new Constitution
Posted in Local News
Leader of the Opposition Sajith Premadasa hopes the government will present a new Constitution to continue crucial clauses introduced through the 19th Amendment to the Constitution.
Ven. Muruththettuwe Ananda thera yesterday speaking to the Opposition Leader in Narahenpita, directed the Parliamentarian to follow in his father’s footsteps in a slow and persistent approach.
MP Premadasa said he was not prepared to reduce powers vested in the President and Prime Minister.
MP Sajith Premadasa expressed hope that the government will include necessary clauses in the new Constitution as promised.
(Source: News Radio)
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023