Sajith hopes Government will present new Constitution
Leader of the Opposition Sajith Premadasa hopes the government will present a new Constitution to continue crucial clauses introduced through the 19th Amendment to the Constitution.
Ven. Muruththettuwe Ananda thera yesterday speaking to the Opposition Leader in Narahenpita, directed the Parliamentarian to follow in his father’s footsteps in a slow and persistent approach.
MP Premadasa said he was not prepared to reduce powers vested in the President and Prime Minister.
MP Sajith Premadasa expressed hope that the government will include necessary clauses in the new Constitution as promised.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Defence Ministry refutes reports of ‘lavish spending’ for entertaining military heads December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka moving towards social revolution – Anura December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs US $ 1.4 trillion additional investment to realise SDGs by 2030: IPS study December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Sports Minister appoints new National Sports Council December 4, 2023
- ‘We quit our stressful public sector jobs to earn £150 a month in Sri Lanka’ December 4, 2023