Six staff members of Kalubowila hospital contract COVID-19
Posted in Local News
Six staff members of the Colombo South (Kalubowila) Teaching Hospital have been identified to be positive for the novel coronavirus, COVID-19.
Accordingly, the Emergency treatment Unit (ETU), Ward 23, Ward 7, and the Out Patient Department (OPD) of the hospital were temporarily closed off yesterday (24).
However, operations of the ETU, Ward 23, and OPD were resumed as usual after proper disinfection of the areas, according to the Director of the hospital.
Meanwhile, a Sub-Inspector of the Parliamentary Special Intelligence Unit has also contacted COVID-19.
His contacts have been directed for PCR testing.
(Source: Ada Derana)
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023