Sakvithi guilty of bigamy
Posted in Local News
Alleged financial scammer Chandana Weerakumara alias Sakvithi Ranasinghe was sentenced to two years Rigorous Imprisonment together with a fine of 25,000 Rupees today, for solemnizing a second marriage while the first marriage existed.
Ranasinghe married N. Subashini De Silva in March 1998, and while the marriage existed, on or about March 2006, he was found guilty of solmenising a second marriage with Kumari Anuruddhika.
The accused pleaded guilty to the charges before the Colombo High court judge, who handed him the sentence. (Courtesy: DM Online)
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023