Samagi Jana Balawegaya & National People’s Power to boycott Parliament sessions for a week
The Samagi Jana Balawegaya (SJB) and the National People’s Power (NPP) have announced that they will boycott Parliament sessions for a week.
Opposition Leader and Leader of the SJB Sajith Premadasa told Parliament that the Samagi Jana Alliance had decided to boycott Parliament session for a week, a mark of protest against the government, and its actions against the people.
Meanwhile, Leader of the NPP Anura Kumara Dissanayake said the Parliament has become a place where the voice of the people is no longer represented.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka aims to streamline tax structure, boost collections October 4, 2023
- Tharushi Karunarathna wins Gold at Asian Games in China October 4, 2023
- Litro gas prices increased from tonight (October 04) October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Health Minister says people seeking treatment at government hospitals have increased by 40% October 4, 2023
- Court dismisses misappropriation case against Ajith Nivard Cabraal and Lalith Weeratunga October 4, 2023