Samagi Jana Balawegaya ready to support Government with fresh COVID situation – Kabir
Samagi Jana Balawegaya (SJB) is ready to suspend confrontational politics and provide whatever support the government may need to curb the new situation that had arisen with regard to COVID-19, an MP attached to the party said yesterday.
SJB MP Kabir Hashim told a press conference that his party is ready to re-think about the political programmes planned by the party in the face of fresh wave of COVID-19 infections reported in Gampaha.
“We are ready to re-think about the political programmes which we have planned including the protest campaign planned against the 20th Amendment. We are also ready to provide whatever assistance the government needs at this moment, in the way we did earlier when the disease first broke out,” Mr. Hashim said
“We are also suspicious that the government may make use of the pandemic to move the attention from other issues in the country. Sri Lanka’s economic situation had deteriorated with Moody’s Ratings, naming the country as a nation with a worsening economic situation, while there is a protest brewing against the proposed 20th Amendment within the government itself,” he added.
Also he said the government had not been able to deliver the promises it made during the general elections.
(Source: Daily Mirror – By Yohan Perera)
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
So, Mr Kabir Hashim,
Thank you for admitting SJB is practicing ‘Confrontational Politics’.
This is the truth.
Of course, your leader, Modadasa, knows only confrontation.
Mr Kabir, you were not sent to parliament to ‘CONFRONT’ but to play a responsible role as the OPPOSITION.
Ranil Wickremasinghe is an expert in Westminster type democracies; seek his advice and dump MODADASA.