Samagi Jana Balawegaya to meet today
Members of the Samagi Jana Balawegaya will meet today under the patronage of party leader Sajith Premadasa.
General Secretary of the Samagi Jana Balawegaya Ranjith Madduma Bandara said the party was formed on a decision by the Working Committee of the United National Party.
He however said decisions reached by a group that will convene at the UNP headquarters Sirikotha were undemocratic.
The General Secretary claimed the SJB did not have issue with the decisions reached by the UNP as it was the majority.
He further claimed the SJB will continue to carry out its agenda adding that 80 people were seeking nominations from the SJB, while only 15 people were seeking nominations from the minority UNP.
Madduma Bandara added more than 40 members of the 69 members of the working committee were in favour of the Samagi Jana Balawegaya, along with 95% of provincial council MPs and local government representatives.
(Source: News Radio)
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
This Modadasa as a leader of a party after that senile Ponil. . Just like frying pan to fire. Stupidity is written all over his face like his predecessor.