Sarath Fonseka slams Sajith Premadasa for bringing Daya Ratnayake to SJB
Field Marshal Sarath Fonseka expressed his strong displeasure regarding Samagi Jana Balawegaya (SJB) leader Sajith Premadasa accepting the support of former Army Commander (Retired) General Daya Ratnayake.
Field Marshal Sarath Fonseka made these remarks during his participation in the protest organized by the SJB in Colombo on Tuesday (January 30).
Sarath Fonseka revealed Daya Ratnayake’s significant involvement in his imprisonment under former President Mahinda Rajapaksa’s rule in 2010.
Expressing his concern, Fonseka stressed that Ratnayake’s loyalty to the SJB raises questions about the direction and principles of the party, especially given his past political affiliations.
He went on to suggest that by embracing Ratnayake, the SJB risks aligning itself with the former President, implying a compromise of its political stance.
Retired General Daya Ratnayake, who played an outstanding role during the administration of former President Gotabaya Rajapaksa, recently joined SJB.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- UN rights chief raises concerns over Sri Lanka’s proposed laws March 3, 2024
- Sri Lanka seeks five-month hold on bondholder suit March 3, 2024
- Ceylon Electricity Board (CEB) makes thumping Rs. 61.2 billion profits last year March 3, 2024
- Dr. Saman Ratnayake remanded until March 14, 2024 March 2, 2024
- Sri Lanka Air Force celebrates 73rd anniversary March 2, 2024