Second attack was planned after Easter attack – Police
Sri Lanka Police says they have information arising from ongoing investigations into the terror attacks on Easter Sunday to believe that a second wave of attacks was planned, after the Easter Sunday bombing that took place last year.
Police Spokesman Jaliya Senaratne addressing a press conference said that several suspects have been arrested over planning a second attack.
“The CID has information which reveals that it was a deliberate attempt by bomber Zahran Hashim to mislead the intelligence units with regard to the investigations about them” Police Spokesman added.
Police also denied reports that Lawyer Hijaz Hizbullah was arrested for doing his job as a lawyer in his professional capacity.
Police spokesman also confirmed that there is no police inquiry against Former President Maithripala Sirisena over failing to prevent Easter Sunday attacks.
(Source: Daily News)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023