Second case of coronavirus confirmed in Sri Lanka
Posted in Local News
A second person in Sri Lanka, 44 year old man has tested positive for Coronavirus (COVID-19), bringing the total number of presumptive coronavirus cases in the country to two.
According to a statement from the Government Information Department quoting Dr. Anil Jasinghe, the Director General of Health Services, the man in question had shared accommodation with the first Sri Lankan to test positive for the virus, who is currently receiving treatment at the Infectious Diseases Hospital.
The statement went on to note, the latest COVID-19 case is also being treated at IDH.
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023