Senanayake in Sri Lanka’s 30-man World Cup squad
Suspended offspinner Sachithra Senanayake has been included in Sri Lanka’s provisional 30-man squad for next year’s cricket World Cup.
Senanayake is currently serving a suspension after his bowling action was deemed illegal. He has undergone remedial work and is awaiting results of another test which will determine if he can be allowed to bowl again in international games.
Selectors announced Sunday that they are also including uncapped bowler Lakshan Sandaken in the squad and recalling allrounder Farveez Maharoof after almost three years.
The squad led by Angelo Mathews also includes fast bowler Lasith Malinga who has not played for Sri Lanka since August due to an ankle injury
The World Cup begins in Australia and New Zealand next February.
The squad: Angelo Mathews (Captain), Tillakaratne Dilshan, Lahiru Thirimanne, Kumar Sangakkara, Mahela Jayawardene, Kusal Perera, Upul Tharanga, Dimuth Karunaratne, Dinesh Chandimal, Ashan Priyanjan, Kithruwan Vithanage, Niroshan Dickwella, Rangana Herath, Dilruwan Perera, Seekkuge Prasanna, Ajantha Mendis, Sachithra Senanayake, Tharindu Kaushal, Jeevan Mendis, Ramith Rambukwella, Suranga Lakmal, Nuwan Kulasekara, Lasith Malinga, Dhammika Prasad, Shaminda Eranga, Thisara Perera, Farveez Maharoof, Nuwan Pradeep, Lahiru Gamage, Lakshan Sandakan.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lankan youths get jobs in Japan under the Special Skilled Worker (SSW) visa category December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka Secures Rs. 20 Billion from Asian Development Bank for Rural Road Renovations December 1, 2023
- Results of 2022 (2023) G.C.E. O/L exam released December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka revises fuel prices from November 30, 2023 November 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka inflation rises for second month on high energy costs November 30, 2023