Seven including UC Chairman arrested for hosting party in Talawakele
The Chairman of the Talawakelle-Lindula Urban Council and six others have been arrested for hosting a party at a private banquet hall near the Upper Kotmale Reservoir in Talawakele today.
The Talawakele police arrested the Chairman and others following a complaint made to the 119 emergency unit that the chairman was holding a party involving several supporters of the Ceylon Workers’ Congress.
Police said another group that was attending the party fled when the police arrived at the scene.
Police have also taken into custody the cab belonging to the Urban Council.
Police said legal action would be taken against the Chairman and six others for violating the quarantine law.
They would be directed for self-quarantine, police said.
(Source: Daily Mirror – By Ranjith Rajapaksa)
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
Dis- honest politicians deserve punishment and temporary suspension of their civic rights !