Several State-Owned Enterprises in Sri Lanka to undergo divestment process
A decision has been reached for the divestment of shares held by the state of several enterprises based on a cabinet decision reached on 13th March 2023, the State Owned Enterprises Restructuring Unit of the Finance Ministry announced.
The State-Owned Enterprises that will undergo the process are as follows:
- SriLankan Airlines and SriLankan Catering
- Sri Lanka Telecom PLC
- Sri Lanka Insurance Corporation Limited
- Canwill Holdings (Pvt) Ltd – Grand Hyatt Colombo
- Hotel Developers (Lanka) Ltd – Hilton Hotel Colombo
- Litro Gas Terminal Lanka (Pvt) Ltd & Litro Gas Lanka Ltd
- Lanka Hospitals PLC
The divestment is to be implemented by the State Owned Enterprises Restructuring Unit under the Ministry of Finance, Economic Stabilization and National Policies.
A statement noted that qualified and experienced companies will be appointed for the purpose of consultation or development of the said State-Owned Enterprises by the State Owned Enterprises Restructuring Unit.
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023