Sigiriya girl released
Posted in Local News
S. Udaya Sri the girl serving a two year prison sentence for scribbling on the Sigiriya Mirror wall who received a Presidential pardon has been released a short while ago.
She was charged with causing damage to the Mirror Wall at Sigiriya and was sentenced to two years’ imprisonment by Dambulla Magistrate Sanjeewa Ramyakumara on March 2.
The woman, a resident of Batticaloa, had visited Sigiriya along with some friends and scribbled her name on the Mirror Wall using a hairpin.
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023