Sigiriya girl released
S. Udaya Sri the girl serving a two year prison sentence for scribbling on the Sigiriya Mirror wall who received a Presidential pardon has been released a short while ago.
She was charged with causing damage to the Mirror Wall at Sigiriya and was sentenced to two years’ imprisonment by Dambulla Magistrate Sanjeewa Ramyakumara on March 2.
The woman, a resident of Batticaloa, had visited Sigiriya along with some friends and scribbled her name on the Mirror Wall using a hairpin.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Department of Examinations announced dates of Scholarship Exam, O/L, A/L March 1, 2024
- Central Bank officials summoned to party leaders’ meeting over salary hike March 1, 2024
- Sri Lanka halts free visas for long-staying Russian, Ukrainian nationals March 1, 2024
- UNFPA to assist Sri Lanka in modernizing statistical system for transition to digital economy March 1, 2024
- Sri Lanka to introduce National Cyber Security Act, establish Cyber Security Authority March 1, 2024