SLFP must have separate presidential candidate – Duminda
A SLFP candidate should compete at the forthcoming presidential elections, Sri Lanka Freedom Party (SLFP) National Organiser Duminda Dissanayaka said.
He was addressing the media after participating in several development programmes in Eppawala.
He said talks were continuing on the proposed alliance of the SLFP and the Pohottuwa. The identity of the two parties shall remain intact even though they combine. No final decision was reached yet on the presidential candidate, he said.
MP Dissanayake said the priority was given to the mode of combination.
“We will form a new political federation only under the name, Sri Lanka Nidahas Podujana Pakshaya,” MP Disanayake said. “We must field a separate candidate at the presidential election, he said.”
(Source: Daily News – By Nimal Wijesinghe)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023