SLPP inks MoU with 10 political parties
Posted in Local News
Sri Lanka Podujana Peramuna signs memorandum of understanding with 10 political parties.
The signing of the MoU took place at the official residence of Leader of Opposition Mahinda Rajapaksa at Wijerama Mawatha, Colombo.
Accordingly, 10 political parties, which do not represent parliament and have not previously represented the joint opposition have entered into an agreement with the Sri Lanka Podujana Peramuna.
The signatories to the MOU were as follows:
- Hemakumara Nanayakkara of Mawbima Janatha Pakshaya
- Sathasivam of Lanka Kamkaru Eksath Peramuna
- Kamal Nissanka of Liberal Party
- Sarath Manamendra of Nawa Sihala Urumaya
- Aruna de Soysa of Prajathnathravadi Jathika Viyaparaya
- Vinayagamurthi Muralitharan alias Karuna Amman of Thamila Eksath Nidahas Permauna
- Sarath Wijeratne of Boomiputhra Pakshaya
- Jayantha Kulatunga of Eksath Lanka Maha Sabhawa
- S.J. Thushyantha of Elawar Prajathanthravadhi Peramuna
- Mubarak Abdul Majid of Muslim Ulama Pakshaya
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
So, these 10 political organisations, do they have at least 100 members each?
MR is letting BR bark up the wrong tree, heading to disaster !!
Is this a joke?
Good to have humour in a politically charged situation.
Is Mahinda Rajapaksa losing his mojo?
Unless a strong candidate is nominated by MR (only strong candidate is GR and his chances of winning nomination are remote), BR, the Architect of SLPP will zoom to sunny California.