SLPP should not wash its dirty linen in public – Ven. Medagoda Abhayatissa Thera
Ven. Medagoda Abhayatissa Thera said the aim of the enemy is to create internal divisions within the SLPP Government.
He said, Minister Wimal Weerawansa has the right to express his views and observed that it was his thinking that the SLPP should create a suitable portfolio within the alliance to recognise the political contributions made by President Gotabaya Rajapaksa.
The Thera was speaking to the Media yesterday. He mentioned that what had raged in this country during the past three decades had not been a war, but a humanitarian operation to wipe out terrorism.
The Thera advised the SLPP to sort out its internal political wrangling amicably, instead of washing its dirty linen in public.
(Source: Ceylon Today – By Chathura Liyanage)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lankan youths get jobs in Japan under the Special Skilled Worker (SSW) visa category December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka Secures Rs. 20 Billion from Asian Development Bank for Rural Road Renovations December 1, 2023
- Results of 2022 (2023) G.C.E. O/L exam released December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka revises fuel prices from November 30, 2023 November 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka inflation rises for second month on high energy costs November 30, 2023