Special Committee to look into grievances of journalists
A special committee has been appointed under the directive of President Maithripala Sirisena to provide solutions to the grievances faced by journalists.
Accordingly, the journalists who suffer injustices, face disturbances and damages to their properties during their work as professional journalists from January 2005 to January 2015 will be provided with reliefs.
The Journalists who are victims of the injustice can submit all the data and information which can prove the injustice and losses suffered along with their professional identification to the Presidential Secretariat.
All the above mention information should send to: Mr. S.T. Kodikara, Additional Secretary to the President, Presidential Secretariat, Colombo on or before 15 June, 2016.
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
In a truly democratic country the press has to have total freedom in publishing its and its readers views without any fear of the white van coming for them unlike in the recent past when the Lanka was run by a bunch of thugs and hooligans.
Total freedom ensures hidden unfair practices being highlighted and brought to book while at the same time praise for credible achievements of all.
Press freedom will ensure jokers like Donald Trump and his supporters’s mentality being exposed ensuring he never becomes the president of the US. If it happens then the US too will end up a banana republic like ours where members of the ex corrupt regime still rocking the boat of the joint government.
Some bloggers, I recognise (eg: Udurawana), are experiencing gastric-entropic issues (commonly known as farting) and these issues affect their brain and thinking.
This makes us suffer their their stupidity.
A more enlightened editorial team who can sense stupidity can help in widening the blogger base.