Special Committee to look into grievances of journalists
A special committee has been appointed under the directive of President Maithripala Sirisena to provide solutions to the grievances faced by journalists.
Accordingly, the journalists who suffer injustices, face disturbances and damages to their properties during their work as professional journalists from January 2005 to January 2015 will be provided with reliefs.
The Journalists who are victims of the injustice can submit all the data and information which can prove the injustice and losses suffered along with their professional identification to the Presidential Secretariat.
All the above mention information should send to: Mr. S.T. Kodikara, Additional Secretary to the President, Presidential Secretariat, Colombo on or before 15 June, 2016.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023