Special Pinkama to mark two years of President’s second term
President Mahinda Rajapaksa attended a Bodhi Pooja Pinkama held at the Gangaramaya, Hunupitiya on Thursday to invoke blessings on him, the War Heroes and the country.
The Pinkama was held to mark the President’s completion of two years of the second term of office following a convincing victory at the 2010 Presidential Election.
The Maha Sangha led by the Most Ven. Udugama Sri Buddharakkitha Mahanayaka Thera of the Asgiriya Chapter were present on the occasion.
After the President participated in religious observances at the Viharaya the Maha Sangha chanted Sethpirith and invoked blessings on him.
The Bodhi Pooja was conducted by Gangarama Viharadhipati Ven. Galaboda Gnanissara Thera and Ven. Kirinde Assaji Thera. Parliamentarian Sajin Vaas Gunawardena, Secretary to the President Lalith Weeratunga and Presidential Chief of Staff Gamini Senarath were also present on the occasion.
Courtesy: Daily News
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023
- IMF chief Kristalina and Sri Lanka President Ranil discuss ongoing reforms and debt restructuring efforts September 21, 2023