Special tri-member bench to hear Easter attacks case
The Chief Justice has appointed a special three-member panel of judges to hear the case regarding the 2019 Easter Sunday terror attacks.
Justice Damith Thotawatte will chair the Trial at Bar. Justices Amal Ranaraja and Navaratne Marasinghe comprise the three member bench.
The appointment of the Trial at Bar comes following a request tabled by Attorney General Sanjay Rajaratnam to Chief Justice Jayantha Jayasuriya.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023