Sri Lanka appointed a cabinet sub-committee to look into activities of Sri Lanka Cricket
Sri Lanka’s Cabinet of Ministers has decided to appoint a four-member cabinet sub-committee to look into the Interim Committee for Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) appointed by Sports Minister Roshan Ranasinghe.
The main objective of this four-member cabinet sub-committee is to suggest to the government the best course of action to take to prevent the further decline of Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC).
The cabinet sub-committee is headed by Minister of Foreign Affairs Ali Sabry and the other members of the committee include Ministers Tiran Alles, Manusha Nanayakkara and Kanchana Wijesekera.
The Minister of Sports appointed an interim committee headed by former Sri Lankan captain Arjuna Ranatunga to restore Sri Lankan cricket earlier today (November 06).
- Sports Minister appoints Interim Committee for Sri Lanka Cricket
- President not informed about appointment of Interim Committee for Sri Lanka Cricket
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka to receive about $600 million ADB funding post-IMF approval – official December 6, 2023