Sri Lanka condemns hostile acts by North Korea
The Government of Sri Lanka condemns the firing of a ballistic missile of intercontinental range by the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK) on 28th July, and the series of recent similar hostile acts by DPRK in violation of UN Security Council Resolutions.
DPRK’s continued pursuit of nuclear and ballistic missile programs and proliferation related activity pose a significant threat to international peace and security, the government said.
“In the interest of peace and security of all concerned, we urge the DPRK to refrain from such hostile acts and programs, in violation of UN Security Council Resolutions, which impact adversely on the stability of the region and beyond.”
The government further said that the international community must unite in words and deeds to seek solutions to this grave situation which was an ever increasing threat to international peace and security.
(Government News Portal)
- Sri Lanka signs agreement with RM Parks Inc to ensure uninterrupted fuel supply June 8, 2023
- Police secures court order to block NPP protest planned for today June 8, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka to face rape trial in Australia June 8, 2023
- Digital Promotion Agency to be established for introducing new App to collect data of public sector – President June 8, 2023
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023
probably the only banana republic to condemn north korea even india failed to declare its stand
North Koreans don’t care care shit what the stupid brainless corrupted Sri Lankens say.