Sri Lanka happy with progress in economic ties with China
Sri Lanka on Wednesday said it is happy with the progress in its economic ties with China.
State Minister of International Trade Sujeewa Senasinghe told Parliament that China is investing heavily on projects in the country.
He said that some discrepancies which had been noted by the Sri Lankan government after it took office last year over deals signed with China have now been resolved.
Senasinghe said that China will be investing in an investment zone in the south of the country and in projects in other parts of the country as well.
He said that Sri Lanka will work with China in a manner which benefits both countries.
Senasinghe said Sri Lanka is working with several countries as it looks to boost its economy and develop the country.
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka President instructs to install high-tech scanners at BIA VIP terminal May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka to commence Cannabis cultivation project May 26, 2023
- Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen reassigned to Kurunegala Hospital May 26, 2023
- Dasun Shanaka hasn’t lived up to even 1% of expectations in IPL – Virender Sehwag May 26, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 26, 2023
So Now you are happy with economic ties with China and now the deals that are made with China are legitimate. When MR developed the south it was a white elephant who has now turned black. And when MR was developing the country it was not going to be profitable for the country but now they will be profitable for Sri Lanka and China. Did you not know that China will not make any deals if it will not be profitable for China. Please do not display your ignorance and think that all Sri Lankans are ignorant.
Mr S Fernando. I agree with you hare. China will take more than it gives. Another thing you mentioned that all Sri Lankans not ignorant. That is true. You, me and Mr Amerakon we are not ignorant, Are we?