Sri Lanka increases fuel prices after Cabinet approves pricing formula
Sri Lanka has decided to revise fuel Prices with effect from Tuesday (May 24) 3:00 AM.
Power and Energy Minister Kanchana Wijesekara said the fuel pricing formula, approved by the Cabinet of Ministers, was applied to revise the fuel prices.
In a message on Twitter, Minister Kanchana Wijesekera said government-set transport and other service charges will also increase correspondingly. “Work from home will be encouraged to minimize the use of fuel and to manage the energy crisis,” he added.
The revised prices are as follows:
Octane 92 Petrol – Rs. 420
Octane 95 Petrol – Rs. 450
Auto Diesel – Rs. 400
Super Diesel – Rs. 445
Price revision includes all taxes and costs incurred in importing, unloading, and distributing fuel to filling stations. However, profits are not calculated and included, the minister added.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- World’s leading tech companies deeply criticize Sri Lanka’s Online Safety Bill October 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government says No more emergency purchases of medicines October 2, 2023
- IMF unveils 16-point plan to address governance challenges in Sri Lanka October 2, 2023
- Corrupt elements use Parliament, Finance Ministry to evade taxes October 2, 2023
- CEYPETCO and Lanka IOC increases fuel prices October 1, 2023