Sri Lanka Parliament unanimously passes proposal to remove Sri Lanka Cricket’s office bearers
The resolution for the removal of the officials including the Chairman of Sri Lanka Cricket was unanimously passed in Parliament of Sri Lanka a short while ago.
The resolution was moved by Opposition Leader Sajith Premadasa and was seconded by Minister Nimal Siripala De Silva.
The debate on the motion titled ‘Removal of Corrupt Office Bearers including President from Sri Lanka Cricket’ took place from 09:30 AM to 05:30 AM today (November 09), as decided by the Committee on Parliamentary Affairs last evening.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka issues its first digitized national birth certificate December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Defence Ministry refutes reports of ‘lavish spending’ for entertaining military heads December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka moving towards social revolution – Anura December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs US $ 1.4 trillion additional investment to realise SDGs by 2030: IPS study December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Sports Minister appoints new National Sports Council December 4, 2023