Sri Lanka Police arrested more ‘Aragalaya’ activists
Sri Lanka Police arrested several ‘Aragalaya’ activists today (August 24) including Venerable Balangoda Kashyapa Thero, Senadhi Guruge.
The Criminal Investigation Department (CID) arrested Venerable Balangoda Kashyapa Thero today when he arrived at the CID premises this morning to provide a statement with regard to his alleged forcible entry to the Temple Trees.
Meanwhile, Senadhi Guruge, an activist of the ‘Aragalaya’ movement, was arrested by the Police today.
He was taken into custody in connection with an assault on two intelligence officers.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023