Sri Lanka Police terminated the service of Police Sergeant over the 2019 Easter Sunday Attacks
Sri Lanka Police decided to terminate the service of a Police Sergeant attached to the Intelligence Bureau with effect from June 14, 2023 for failing to carry out his duties when the 2019 Easter Sunday Attacks took place.
The Police Sergeant in question was on duty at the Katana Police during that time and it was reported that the termination was for failing to take action with regard to intelligence received regarding the terror attacks.
Sri Lanka Police said, a preliminary investigation has been conducted against the Police Sergeant and a charge sheet consisting of 12 charges which includes breach of discipline presented.
According to Sri Lanka Police, the Inspector General of Police (IGP) decided to terminate the service of the Police Sergeant as he had pleaded guilty for all the charges.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023
- IMF chief Kristalina and Sri Lanka President Ranil discuss ongoing reforms and debt restructuring efforts September 21, 2023
- Two killed, two injured in shooting at Avissawella September 21, 2023
- Batticaloa Campus returned to Hizbullah September 20, 2023