Sri Lanka President Ranil Wickremesinghe meets Commonwealth Secretary-General in United Kingdom
Sri Lanka President Ranil Wickremesinghe met the Commonwealth Secretary-General, Patricia Scotland, during his official visit to the United Kingdom.
Discussion was about digitization programs, measures to broaden the Commonwealth’s partnerships, as well as Commonwealth programs such as Commonwealth for Climate and Blue Charter to enhance support to member countries.
Sri Lankan President Wickremesinghe also shared his strategies for addressing climate change and explored the potential involvement of the Commonwealth in these efforts, the President’s Media Division said.
The meeting happened at the Marlborough House, the headquarters of the Commonwealth of Nations and the seat of the Commonwealth Secretariat in Westminster, London.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023
- IMF chief Kristalina and Sri Lanka President Ranil discuss ongoing reforms and debt restructuring efforts September 21, 2023
- Two killed, two injured in shooting at Avissawella September 21, 2023
- Batticaloa Campus returned to Hizbullah September 20, 2023