Sri Lanka recorded over 47,000 tourist arrivals so far in 2023
47,353 tourists have arrived in Sri Lanka so far this year, Sri Lanka Tourism Development Authority (SLTDA) said.
Those tourist arrivals have reportedly taken place from the period between January 01, 2023 and January 15, 2023.
According to the SLTDA, the majority of the tourists have arrived in the island from Russia, and it is numerically 12,064.
Moreover, the SLTDA further noted that 5,838 tourists from India, 3,945 German nationals, 3,862 British nationals and 2,241 tourists from France have visited the country so far.
Chairman of the SLTDA, Priyantha Fernando stated that it is expected to bring around 105,000 tourists to the country within this month.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023