Sri Lanka refutes BBC Sandeshaya report
Sri Lankan Ministry of External Affairs today refuted a BBC Sandesaya report about the Sri Lankan LLRC Commission. The Ministry said in a statement that the report carried by the ‘BBCSinhala Sandeshaya’ website with the dateline of 24th December 2010 under the caption “Sri Lanka War Panel ‘pro-LTTE’”, is a complete fabrication.
“The above mentioned headline of the report is based on a purported conversation between Prof. G.L. Peiris, Minister of External Affairs
of Sri Lanka and Dr. Gunadasa Amarasekara, Chairman of the Patriotic National Movement (PNM)” the statement said.
‘The Ministry of External Affairs wishes to emphasize in this regard that Dr. Amarasekara who has been spoken to, confirms that no such conversation took place.
The statement said that the Ministry of External Affairs would be taking up the matter with the British Foreign Office and the management of the BBC, this serious instance of a gross departure from the ethics of responsible reportage’, the statement said.
Source: Government News Portal
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023
- Trains delayed on coastal line due to derailment near Kollupitiya September 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s revenue shortfall concerns IMF team – sources September 27, 2023
- Airman killed, another injured in explosion at Kandakuliya Air Force Training Camp September 26, 2023