Sri Lanka seeks Asian Development Bank support in digitalization, agriculture
Foreign Minister Ali Sabry met with the President of Asian Development Bank (ADB), Masatsugu Asakawa in Seoul, Republic of Korea during the 56th Annual Meeting of the ADB.
The Minister expressed Sri Lanka’s gratitude for the excellent partnership and cooperation extended by the Asian Development Bank during a challenging period for Sri Lanka and for supporting the country’s recovery process.
Whilst conveying the best wishes of President Ranil Wickremesinghe, Minister Sabry further sought technical support and financial assistance from the ADB in the spheres of digitalization, agriculture, renewable energy, and financial sector stability.
The ADB President expressed his appreciation for the encouraging work Sri Lanka has done so far to avert a greater crisis and for laying a strong foundation for the country’s recovery.
The ADB President pledged to continue engagement with Sri Lanka with renewed vigour in a variety of areas.
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023