Sri Lanka seeks Asian Development Bank support in digitalization, agriculture
Foreign Minister Ali Sabry met with the President of Asian Development Bank (ADB), Masatsugu Asakawa in Seoul, Republic of Korea during the 56th Annual Meeting of the ADB.
The Minister expressed Sri Lanka’s gratitude for the excellent partnership and cooperation extended by the Asian Development Bank during a challenging period for Sri Lanka and for supporting the country’s recovery process.
Whilst conveying the best wishes of President Ranil Wickremesinghe, Minister Sabry further sought technical support and financial assistance from the ADB in the spheres of digitalization, agriculture, renewable energy, and financial sector stability.
The ADB President expressed his appreciation for the encouraging work Sri Lanka has done so far to avert a greater crisis and for laying a strong foundation for the country’s recovery.
The ADB President pledged to continue engagement with Sri Lanka with renewed vigour in a variety of areas.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Railway trade unions in Sri Lanka announce 24-hour token strike over salary cuts March 5, 2024
- Basil Rajapaksa returns to Sri Lanka March 5, 2024
- Sri Lanka President says 42 new laws enacted for economic transformation, 62 laws due for enactment March 5, 2024
- Sri Lanka revises fuel prices from March 05, 2024 March 4, 2024
- Electricity tariff to be reduced by 21.9% from midnight today March 4, 2024