Sri Lanka to allow people to make local government payments online from 2024
Sri Lanka has made arrangements to allow people to make all local government payments online from January 01, 2024.
This program launched with the aim of increasing the tax revenue and reducing the inconvenience caused to the public, State Ministry of Provincial Councils and Local Government Janaka Wakkumbura said.
State Minister Wakkumbura further stated that the pilot project has been implemented successfully.
Accordingly, people will be able to make various payments including taxes efficiently, under this program, the Minister said.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka to receive about $600 million ADB funding post-IMF approval – official December 6, 2023