Sri Lanka to purchase Petrol & Diesel from Singapore for eight months
A company in Singapore has received the contract to supply Petrol and Diesel to the Ceylon Petroleum Corporation from the 1st of January to the 31st of August 2022.
The Cabinet of Ministers granted approval to the proposal submitted by Minister of Energy Udaya Gammanpila.
The separate proposals for Diesel and Petrol imports were awarded to M/s Vitol Asia (Singapore) Pte. Ltd, as recommended by the Special Standard Procurement Committee.
Sri Lanka will import 1,137,500+10/-5% barrels of Diesel (Maximum sulfur percentage 0.05) and 262,500+10/-5% barrels of Diesel (Maximum Sulfur percentage 0.001).
In addition, Sri Lanka will import 1,341,000+10/-5% barrels of Petrol (92 Unl) and 459,000+10/-5% barrels of Petrol (95 Unl).
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023