Sri Lanka to reduce electricity tariff by 23% for consumers using less than 30 units
Posted in Local News
The proposed electricity tariff revisions will provide consumers who use less than 30 units a 23 percent reduction, Minister of Power and Energy Kanchana Wikesekera told Sri Lanka’s Parliament.
Minister said the fixed tariff will be reduced to Rs. 250 from Rs. 400.
He said the electricity tariff of those who use between 31 and 60 units will be reduced by 9 percent and those who use between 0 and 60 units will be reduced by 7 percent.
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023