Sri Lanka to remove provincial letters from vehicle number plates
Provincial letters will be removed from vehicle number plates in Sri Lanka with effect from January 1, 2023.
Accordingly, provincial letters will be removed when a new vehicle is registered or transfer ownership of a vehicle.
The amendment to the vehicle number places was announced by the Commissioner General of Motor Traffic on Friday (December 30).
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Parliament approves VAT (amendment) Bill December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka reports 80,222 dengue cases with 47 deaths December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka Parliament decides to debate VAT (amendment) Bill today December 11, 2023
- ‘Unfair, Really Surprised’: Anjum Chopra on Chamari Athapaththu going unsold at WPL Auction December 11, 2023
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023