Sri Lankan President’s Secretary signs documents to release Ranjan Ramanayake
Secretary to the President Saman Ekanayake today (August 26) confirmed that he signed the documents for the release of imprisoned former Sri Lankan Parliamentarian Ranjan Ramanayake, with permission from President Ranil Wickremesinghe.
Ranjan Ramanayake would likely receive a Presidential Pardon today (August 26), said Minister of Justice, Prisons Affairs and Constitutional Reforms Wijeyadasa Rajapakshe.
He said the recommendations for the Presidential Pardon for Ramanayake, who is currently serving a prison term for contempt of court, were directed to the President.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka lacks commitment and discipline – Murali December 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President Ranil Wickremesinghe meets Bill Gates December 3, 2023
- Indian envoy visits Sri Lanka’s north, underscores India’s commitment to country December 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President at COP28 urges bold action in the face of alarming climate predictions December 2, 2023
- Diana Gamage, Sujith Perera and Rohana Bandara banned from Parliament December 2, 2023