Sri Lankan Rupee further appreciates against U.S. Dollar
The Sri Lankan Rupee (LKR) has further appreciated against the US dollar (USD) today (March 02).
According to the latest foreign currency exchange rates issued by the Central Bank of Sri Lanka (CBSL), the buying rate of the US dollar is at Rs.343.97 while the selling rate is at Rs.356.73 today.
CBSL had reported that this was the lowest rupee value against the USD since May 04, 2022.
The Sri Lankan Rupee has been appreciating considerably against the US Dollar in recent days amidst the improving economic situation in the country.
The Sri Lankan Rupee further appreciated against the Euro, the Pound Sterling, the Australian Dollar, the Indian Rupee, the Canadian Dollar and the Japanese Yen.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Nadeesha Dilhani Lekamge wins Asian Games athletics medal after 17 years October 3, 2023
- World Bank boosts Sri Lanka economic forecasts after inflation progress October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President slams western media, says no to international probe October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Bondholder Lawsuit Should Be Put on Hold, U.S. Says October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch new vehicle revenue license system (eRL 2.0) on October 7 October 3, 2023