Sri Lankan Spinner Sachithra Senanayake Banned From Bowling by ICC
The International Cricket Council, on Friday, banned Sri Lankan spinner Sachithra Senanayake from bowling in international cricket for an illegal bowling action.
Senanayake was reported by umpires Ian Gould and Marais Erasmus during Sri Lanka’s tour of England last month, following which his bowling action was scrutinised by the ICC. However, Sri Lanka had selected the spinner for the first two ODIs in the home series against South Africa.
The report, which concluded that the off-spinner bowled with an illegal action, will be referred to the Sri Lankan Cricket Committee for their recommendation.
The 29-year-old spinner has played in 37 Tests and picked up 40 wickets. He made his Test debut against Pakistan in Abu Dhabi in 2013, where he failed to take a single wicket.
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka President instructs to install high-tech scanners at BIA VIP terminal May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka to commence Cannabis cultivation project May 26, 2023
- Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen reassigned to Kurunegala Hospital May 26, 2023
Great. This is the reason ECB team lost the series in all 3 formats!. Anyway, SL has no answers now, but best to have a second opinion in another non-British ICC accredited lab.